Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick, easy and so good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 cups beans (black, pinto-your choice)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces jalapenos, chopped (canned)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- tortilla (warmed in oven 10 min at 350 deg.)
- sour cream
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef to brown. Drain if necessary. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin and cook 1 minute.
- Add beans, broth and chillies and cook until beans are creamy and thickened, crushing beans with the back of a spoon about 20 minutes.
- Put into serving bowl and top with green onion.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, cheese, sour cream and salsa.