The Crazy Chef's Note:
This bbq sauce has a nice sweet flavor combined with a spicy kick. If you fix your ribs the way I have suggested, I guarantee you will have the most tender, delectable ribs you've ever eaten. These ribs are a huge hit at parties and family gatherings, I have yet to find someone that didn't fall head over heals for them! 1 quart will coat 4-6 lbs. of pork spareribs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (Tabasco sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 2Using a wire whisk, mix ingredients until smooth.
- 3Bring bbq sauce to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce to desired thickness (I simmer mine for about an hour).
- 4Remove sauce from heat when thickened and pour into a one quart jar.
- 5This recipe will generously coat 4 lbs of ribs, with sauce left over for dipping.
- 6For bbq pork spareribs, cut ribs in 3-6 rib sections.
- 7Coat rib sections generously with bbq sauce and wrap in tinfoil.
- 8If you have time, I suggest you marinate these ribs in the refrigerator for 24-36 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 10Cook ribs wrapped in foil for 2-3 hours at 300 degrees, ribs are ready when the meat has shrunk and about 1/2 inch of the bone is sticking out.
- 11Remove ribs from tinfoil and coat generously with bbq sauce.
- 12Bbq ribs for 2-3 minutes per side, or until sauce starts to char a little (if you like your sauce burnt more just bbq longer).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burnt Tongue BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1826.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 461.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 261.8 g
- Protein 9.4 g