The Crazy Chef's Note:
This bbq sauce has a nice sweet flavor combined with a spicy kick. If you fix your ribs the way I have suggested, I guarantee you will have the most tender, delectable ribs you've ever eaten. These ribs are a huge hit at parties and family gatherings, I have yet to find someone that didn't fall head over heals for them! 1 quart will coat 4-6 lbs. of pork spareribs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (Tabasco sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 2Using a wire whisk, mix ingredients until smooth.
- 3Bring bbq sauce to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce to desired thickness (I simmer mine for about an hour).
- 4Remove sauce from heat when thickened and pour into a one quart jar.
- 5This recipe will generously coat 4 lbs of ribs, with sauce left over for dipping.
- 6For bbq pork spareribs, cut ribs in 3-6 rib sections.
- 7Coat rib sections generously with bbq sauce and wrap in tinfoil.
- 8If you have time, I suggest you marinate these ribs in the refrigerator for 24-36 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 10Cook ribs wrapped in foil for 2-3 hours at 300 degrees, ribs are ready when the meat has shrunk and about 1/2 inch of the bone is sticking out.
- 11Remove ribs from tinfoil and coat generously with bbq sauce.
- 12Bbq ribs for 2-3 minutes per side, or until sauce starts to char a little (if you like your sauce burnt more just bbq longer).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burnt Tongue BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1826.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 461.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 261.8 g
- Protein 9.4 g