Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
A 5-minute breakfast idea. When experimenting with how to toast bread in a pan, I added brown sugar to the pan and out came a beautifully toasted candied creation. Add some cinnamon or spread with fresh butter. This recipe is for one person, just cook up as many slices as needed.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Spread one to two tablespoons brown sugar per piece of bread evenly in bottom of pan so that the bread will cover.
- Heat pan to about medium heat.
- Place bread over sugar, and watch carefully as sugar will burn quickly. Adjust heat as needed.
- When sugar is melting and bread is as toasted as you like, flip over, adding more sugar if needed.
Quick yummy treat. I bump it up to 5 stars for the "quick and easy" factor. After the pan gets hot it is really easy to burn the sugar. Probably 30 seconds or less per side of bread. I used a heaping tsp of sugar for each side and kind of stirred the slice of bread around in my little non-stick skillet to spread the sugar around and not miss any. I used whole wheat bread. I was curious to try brown sugar, but just used white this time. Made for DD and myself and we enjoyed it. Thanks!