Prep 40 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a nice quick stir-fried shrimp with that sweet-and-salty taste I love. The shrimp can be used cold in a salad as well as serving hot with rice. Prep time includes marinating.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- sea salt, to taste (be generous)
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine olive oil, corn syrup, shallots, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme and black pepper.
- Add shrimp and marinate, refrigerated, at least 30 minutes in this mixture.
- Heat skillet over high heat; add shrimp (with about a couple tablespoons of the marinade); sprinkle with brown sugar and sea salt and stir to coat.
- Continue to stir-fry over high heat about 6 to 7 minutes.
Very nice combination of flavours. I was liberal with the salt and next time I think I'd add a bit more brown sugar. Good combination. Thanks EdsGirlAngie
Excellent and so easy to make