Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of the cup sugar in a heavy skillet and cook, stirring over medium heat till melted.
- Add the boiling water and stir till a syrup forms.
- heat the remaining 2 cups of sugar and milk.
- Add the cooked sugar mixture and cook to 234* -- soft ball stage.
- Cool for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Add the butter, salt and vanilla.
- Beat till thick enough to spread easily.
- If frosting becomes too stiff, add some milk.
- enough frosting for 1 8" or 9" double layer cake.