Recipe by grandma2969
a favorite of my one daughter
Top Review by muffinlady
Loved this recipe made a few changes. For 1/2 recipe I used 1 tsp. beet juice instead of food coloring. I cooked for less than 12 minutes stiring constantly as when make less it does not cook as long before water cooks out. but then instead of cooking for 30 minutes I cooked for only 10 minutes and stirred. If you cook full time nuts taste over- cooked and instead of being bumpy like burnt peanuts you buy mine were smooth. First time did as stated second time I used the above changes. Thanks for a yummy recipe I had no idea of how to make.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pan, combine the sugar and water and food coloring --
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir in peanuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 12 minutes or peanuts are coated and no syrup remains.
- Spread peanuts into an ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Seperate with a fork.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Stirring every 10 minutes --
- Cool and store in an airtight container.