1 hr 10 mins
Chef #368289's Note:
A delightful way to ease into Fall. Serve with Butternut Squash Biscuits for a nice dinner. Roasting the vegetables brings out the flavour. You can substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1/2 large onion
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, diced, about 2 lbs
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, about 1/2 lb
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1Cut top quarter off the head of garlic and place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or sprayed with cooking spray).
- 2Combine onion, squash, sweet potato and carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, thyme and salt.
- 3Spread on baking sheet with garlic.
- 4Roast garlic and vegetables in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes until very tender.
- 5Squeeze garlic into food processor and add roasted vegetables. Puree mixture adding a bit of stock, if necessary.
- 6Transfer to saucepan and add stock to desired consistency.
- 7Bring to a boil and simmer gently 10 minutes.
- 8Season to taste.
- 9Serve in large soup bowls with a splash of yogurt on top, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burnt Orange Autumn Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g