- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the honey into a 2½ cup saucepan or a small nonstick skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until it begins to foam up, then reduce heat slightly and cook 4 to 5 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally, or until the honey begins to caramelize and turn a light brown.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in the orange juice.
- Set back on burner and stir to dissolve the honey.
- Stir in orange zest.
- Pour into a bowl and cool.
- Whisk in vinegar, salt, pepper and oils until thickened and blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.