Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a copycat recipe from Clinkerdagger, Binkerstaff And Pett's Public House's.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around edge of pan. Beat egg yolks with the sugar, and stir together until thick, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat cream into egg yolks. Stir in vanilla and pour into 6 (6-ounce) custard cups.
- Place custard cups in baking pan that has about 1/2 inch water in the bottom. Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Remove custard cups from water and refrigerate until chilled.
- Sprinkle each custard with 2 teaspoons granulated sugar. Place on top rack under broiler and cook until topping is medium brown. Chill before serving.
Thanks Zusie-Q, I loved this when I lived in Anchorage and had given up hope of ever having it again! Followed directions to a T and was in LOVE all over again!