Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
browning the butter makes a world of differene
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- brown butter in saucepan until it is a golden brown -- do not burn.let cool.
- in seperate bowl, add ingredients in order listed -- stir.
- blend in browned butter well.
- pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 425* for 10 minutes.then lower heat to 325* for 40 minutes.
I have made this pie several times now..and everyone loves it. I got asked for recipe every time and making one for a special nephew this weekend per his request. Easy and delish.
this was very good, i didn't think it was way different, just better. the browned butter made it very much like a caramel or butterscotch flavor, can't really describe it. the only thing i did different was that i had no lemon juice but added a splash of a citrus white wine instead. i loved it and served it for my dad's 82 birthday and he loved it, too. thanks!!
This WAS really different. My dad and mom loved it and I thought it was great. Kids didn't like it as well as we did, but what do kids know? Thanks for sharing!