Recipe by sugar baby
a quick, simple yet fun recipee. Ideal for variations like adding choc chips(my fav!!) Fun for kids, especially the adding of almonds(not to mention the deliberately left over mixture!!)
Top Review by beckoned
My mother has been making this recipe for years, and I've recently started making it myself. I love it! The only difference is that I add a teaspoon and a half to two teaspoons of vanilla essence to it. I also, for some reason, put the whole batch of mix into a loaf tin once and made 'burnt butter bread' which turned out surprisingly good!
- 125 g butter
- 125 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 155 g self-raising flour (just over 1 cup)
- almonds or cherries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter in saucepan, let it burn a light brown.
- let butter cool, but not set.
- beat in sugar.
- add egg, and beat again.
- Lastly add self-raising flour.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place almond/cherries in centre (optional) back on scone tray (try baking paper if unsure whether your tray will stick), spaced apart.
- Bake at 300-325 degrees less for fan-forced for approximately 20 minutes.