Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One dull and drizzly day I devised a creamy concoction that has already become a firm favourite in this house, Raspberry Whisky Cream Pots, and which will be served throughout the year for other special occasions and family-get-togethers and not just Burns Night. It’s an easy pudding to make and yet the taste belies this fact, and I’m sure all of your guests will love this whisky laced cheesecake style trifle with jam, shortbread and fruit.
- 4 shortbread cookies
- 4 -6 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 2 tablespoons heather honey
- frozen raspberries, about 6 to 8 per pot
- 2 shortbread cookies, broken into quarters
- Crumble the first 4 shortbread biscuits into smallish crumbs and sprinkle the crumbs into the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Spoon the warmed jam over the shortbread crumbs.
- Mix the cream cheese, crème fraiche, whisky and heather honey together, beating well to make a smooth cream.
- Divide the cream over the top of the jam and shortbread crumbs, and then scatter the raspberries over the cream.
- Garnish with the shortbread biscuit quarters and serve with double cream and a shot of whisky on the side.