Recipe by ekives
This one came from my mother-in-law. We eat lots of rice here in Brazil, and this recipe is an easy and tasty variation on the Brazilian pilaf.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
We have been making this rice for ages together. I had "ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA" that this is a variation of Brazilian pilaf! WOW:) I have made rice this way also by substituting the water with Maggi vegetable broth with onions. Its DELICIOUS!!! This is an easy and wonderful side dish! Thanks for posting! I can't stop smiling thinking that this is a variation of Brazilian pilaf;)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the rice and oil to fry in a small pan at high heat, stirring from time to time, until golden (about 5 minutes).
- At the same time put the water to boil.
- When the water is boiling, add it to the rice (take care, it will bubble violently).
- Add the salt.
- Turn the heat to low and put the lid loosely on the pan.
- Let it simmer for 12-15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let it wait covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish to any meat or with beans.