1/5 Photos of Burmese Veggies With Hot Peppers
A simple Burmese recipe kicked up with hot peppers! Adapted from RecipeSource.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (or vegetable broth)
- 1 1/2 cups red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups bok choy, sliced
- 4 tablespoons baby leeks, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh red chile, chopped
- 4 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan or wok, heat the oil over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 2Toss in the vegetables and seasonings and stir-fry for 3 to 6 minutes, stirring 5 to 7 times. The vegetables should be slightly crunchy.If you would like them a little more tender, cook a few minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over sesame oil, if using. Enjoy!
- 3Remove from the heat and serve.
- 4Serve with brown rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burmese Veggies With Hot Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 763.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g