A simple Burmese recipe kicked up with hot peppers! Adapted from RecipeSource.
Make and share this Burmese Veggies With Hot Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (or vegetable broth)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups bok choy, sliced
- 4 tablespoons baby leeks, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh red chile, chopped
- 4 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- In a large saucepan or wok, heat the oil over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Toss in the vegetables and seasonings and stir-fry for 3 to 6 minutes, stirring 5 to 7 times. The vegetables should be slightly crunchy.If you would like them a little more tender, cook a few minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over sesame oil, if using. Enjoy!
- Remove from the heat and serve.
- Serve with brown rice or noodles.