Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has 2 of my favorite ingredients shrimp and sesame oil. I can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Burmese Fried Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 16 large shrimp, peeled (prawns)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- thin bamboo skewer
- Dust the shrimps with mixed salt, turmeric and chili powder.
- Bend shrimps into a half circle and thread on skewer through top and tail to keep this shape.
- Put four shrimps on each skewer.
- Shallow fry skewered shrimps until golden.
- Serve immediately.
10 stars ! You KNOW you have a wonderful recipe when you and your spouse eye each other up over the last remaining skewer and wish that they didn't want it as much as you do LOL. I was kind and gave it to DH... but ! ...NEXT time *I* get the last one LOL.. and I will make more next time too. Please see my rating system: 5 wonderfully excellent stars for a taste sensation on a stick... easy to prepare in advance and packed full of flavour. A definiate Hit in our house and will be making appearances on our menu often. Made for Zaar World Tour 2008. Thanks!
My shrimp were a bit small so the flavor overpowered the shrimp a bit but it was quite tasty. These came out perfectly and were very easy and quick. The kids were so excited to get "shrimp on a stick"! Thanks for sharing.