Recipe by Sharon123
The Burmese are a relaxed people and eat simple. This is a simple but very good and spicy salad. Enjoy! Adapted from a Burmese Food and Drink site.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
the taste was wonderful but a little dry for our tastes so I drizzled it with a little olive oil, I also added some freshly ground black pepper, thanks for sharing hon!
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 22.18 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 green jalapeno chiles, finely chopped (or green chiles of choice)
- 29.58 ml celery, finely chopped
- 3.69 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 7.39 ml garlic, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cucumber, sugar and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- To toast sesame seeds, place in dry skillet over medium high heat and, stirring frequently, cook 2-3 minutes, or till seeds start to turn brown. Watch closely so they don't burn.
- Place toasted sesame seeds in food processor or mortar and pestle. Pulse to crush slightly, or if using mortar and pestle, crush slightly.
- Just before serving, mix with sesame seeds, green chiles, celery and garlic.
- Mix well and serve.