Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This authentic Burmese curry actually do not use curry powder but do use good tumeric powder which can be substituted with curry powder if not available. Onion, garlic and ginger are the trinity of Burmese cooking. Simple and delish.
- 1 medium chicken
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean and cut chicken into pieces and marinade in fish sauce and tumeric powder.
- Process onion, garlic and ginger in food processor.
- Fry the onion-garlic-ginger mixture in oil until fragrant in skillet or wok.
- Add the chicken pieces stir to coat.
- Make a paste of parika, chili powder and salt with a little water and add to the chicken.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 15 minute.
- Turn chicken pieces and cook for another 15 min or most of the liquid is gone.
- Cover and rest for 15 min before serving over freshly cooked jasmine rice.