Recipe by Brian Holley
This is a mild curry, from the Burmese coastal area. With only three spices this is an easy dish to prepare, and cook. It can be served with rice or noodles and as such makes a pleasant change.
Top Review by saratogaslim
This was excellent...easy to prepare and very tasty, something that I will for sure be making regularly. I did add salt, but not very much (pinch or two of kosher salt), and upped the chili powder by a pinch. Otherwise, did not change a thing and wouldn't. It did take a good hour and thirty before the meat was tender. I have a feeling after a night of sitting in the curry, the leftovers will be wonderful. Thank you Brian! Look forward to more recipes.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, sliced into thin strips 1-inch long
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup beef stock, made with a cube
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the meat, onions, garlic, and ginger till the onions are golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and chilli powder, stir and add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer till the meat is tender.
- Add the soy sauce, and salt to taste.