Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise (plain yogurt, or prepared ranch-style dressing)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice, parsley, cilantro, salt, and pepper; add in the sliced cabbage, red bell peppers, and half the scallions; stir to coat and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the ground chicken, barbecue sauce, cheddar dice, reserved scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions; form each portion into a 1-inch thick patty.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; drizzle olive oil over the patties and place them in the hot skillet.
- Cook 5-6 minutes per side, or until firm and cooked through.
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the kaiser rolls; transfer burgers to the bottoms of the toasted rolls; pile some spicy coleslaw on top, then replace roll tops.