Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
A recipe to hit home!
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup basil (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (grated)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Combine chicken, syrup, basil, dijon and zest. Cover. Chill 24 hours.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Place marinade ina saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Heat broiler.
- Place chicken on a sprayed broiler rack. Brush with marinade.
- Broil 4 minutes, turning once.
- Turn oven down to 400°.
- Place chicken in oven. Bake 20 more minutes, basting often with marinade.