Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
I love the flavor of this sauce and the tenderness of the rib meat.
- 4 lbs spareribs
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces (3-4 ribs).
- Place rib pieces in a large, shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in a 375° oven, uncovered, for 1 hour; turn once during cooking time.
- Drain off grease.
- In a saucepan over medium heat; add in the next nine ingredients; stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally; lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; stir frequently.
- Place onion rings over ribs.
- Pour sauce over the onions and ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until done.