1/4 Photos of Burgundy Poached Pears
An impressive simple dessert to top off a holiday dinner (and low cal too!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel pears and remove core from bottom end, leaving stem intact.
- 2If needed, slice about 1/4 inch from bottom of pears, so that they will sit flat.
- 3Brush pears with orange juice to prevent browning.
- 4Combine burgundy, cranberry juice, orange slices and cinnamon sticks in a dutch oven, bring to boil.
- 5Add pears, reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes until pears are tender, turning pears occasionally.
- 6Remove pears from pan, reserving 1 cup poaching liquid.
- 7Reserve remaining liquid.
- 8Discard orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
- 9Place each pear on a dessert plate.
- 10Top each pear with 2 tablespoons reserved poaching liquid.
- 11Garnish with orange rind curls and mint sprigs.
- 12The remaining poaching liquid can be chilled and combined with chilled ginger ale to make a delicious wine punch.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burgundy Poached Pears
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-calorie cranberry juice cocktail