Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or 1 cup sherry wine
- Saute onions in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook 25 minutes.
- Add wine, pepper, garlic and beef bouillon.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over pork, chicken, rice or even as a side.
I served this as a side dish with grilled steaks. I used tiny whole button mushrooms and 1 clove of garlic instead of the powder which I sauteed with the onions. Excellent melt in your mouth mushrooms which I will make many more times. Thanks Stephanie for an outstanding recipe.