Burgundy Mushroom Pot Roast
- Take flour salt, pepper and garlic mix together dip meat into flour mix then sear at high heat in olive oil 1 tbsp for each side.
- Make sure to get all the edges I used tongs.
- Once done mix all the remaining ingredients except the mushrooms in to a Pyrex and mix gently add the meat to the mix careful not to splash.
- Then add the mushrooms on top of the meat cover and cook at 400 for 1 and half to 2 hours.
- About twenty minutes before it was completely done I took it out and scooped about two cups of the liquid into a sauce pan added more mushrooms and it became wonderful gravy just heating it up.
- I didnt even have to add anything to thicken it.
- Then I left the top off the meat and let the meat and mushroom brown a bit on the top.
- Delicious with mashed potatoes.