Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tender full of flavor very easy to make.
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet onion gravy mix
- 1 packet peppercorn gravy mix (can also use brown)
- 2 cups red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Take flour salt, pepper and garlic mix together dip meat into flour mix then sear at high heat in olive oil 1 tbsp for each side.
- Make sure to get all the edges I used tongs.
- Once done mix all the remaining ingredients except the mushrooms in to a Pyrex and mix gently add the meat to the mix careful not to splash.
- Then add the mushrooms on top of the meat cover and cook at 400 for 1 and half to 2 hours.
- About twenty minutes before it was completely done I took it out and scooped about two cups of the liquid into a sauce pan added more mushrooms and it became wonderful gravy just heating it up.
- I didnt even have to add anything to thicken it.
- Then I left the top off the meat and let the meat and mushroom brown a bit on the top.
- Delicious with mashed potatoes.