Recipe by keen5
This recipe is great served over rice for dinner, or alone as an appetizer at a party. As with most of my recipes here, prep time is approximate, which includes shaping the meatballs. Cook time depends on how long it takes for your meatballs to brown.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup red Burgundy wine
- 1 beef bouillon cube (or envelope)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix well first 7 ingredients; shape into 1" balls.
- In 12" skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook meatballs, a few at a time, until browned, removing them as they brown.
- Into drippings remaining in the skillet, stir flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup of water, Burgundy and bouillon and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bouillon is dissolved and mixture is thickened.
- Add meatballs and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.