Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Kinda like a chicken cacciatore, but I like it better!!
- 2 chicken, cut in pieces
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, slices, seeds removed
- Dredge chicken with flour and brown in oil.
- Mix tomato sauce, wine, salt, pepper and oregano in a small bowl.
- Put chicken in a baking dish after browned.
- Add garlic to pan drippings and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add peppers, mushrooms and stir fry for 5 minutes, then add the sauce. Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350°.
We all liked this dinner! I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs and prepared them as the recipe stated. I only used 1 green pepper and I added 2 onions cut into wedges. I used 8 large mushrooms too. For the seasoning, I sprinked the fried chicken with garlic salt. I added Italian seaonings like parlsley and basil to the sauce mixture since I had it. I prepared the recipe up until the part where it goes into the oven and I let it cool and put it in the refrigerator until I heated it up for dinner. I thought that the sauce would marinate it. I served it with pasta, garlic bread and zucchini. Thanks for a nice dinner!