Recipe by LARavenscroft
I've been cleaning through all the stacks of recipes that I've printed from the internet that I've wanted to try - not even sure where I got this one. Makes for an elegant weeknight meal - dinner on the table in less than an hour!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 2⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and add to skillet, cook, turning once - about 6 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic and shallots cooking until vegetables are tender crisp - about 4 minutes.
- Add wine, broth, tomato paste and rosemary.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover chicken and cook until no longer pink - about 25 minutes.