Recipe by COOKGIRl
Recipe name of unknown origin...Where's the burgundy? Burgundy in France? Serve spread with burgundy wine? Am I close? Recipe found on the back package of shallots compliments of Christopher Ranch in Gilroy, California-"Garlic Capital of the World"! Try this spread on French bread! Dee-lite-ful! Try on grilled seafood, poultry, steamed vegetables, in basting sauces, slathered on Oregon slugs, too.
- 1⁄2 lb butter, to room temperature (2 sticks)
- 2 large shallots, peeled and finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (NOT dried)
- 1 loaf French bread, cut lengthwise (as a suggestion for serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Suggestion: I used a good quality whole wheat sourdough French bread.
- Preheat oven to BROIL.
- In bowl mix all ingredients together except for the French bread.
- Spread bread generously with the butter mixture.
- BROIL until golden brown and bubbly for approximately 2-3 minutes. **Watch oven carefully**!
- Slice bread and serve hot.
- Yield is estimated.