Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe name of unknown origin...Where's the burgundy? Burgundy in France? Serve spread with burgundy wine? Am I close? Recipe found on the back package of shallots compliments of Christopher Ranch in Gilroy, California-"Garlic Capital of the World"! Try this spread on French bread! Dee-lite-ful! Try on grilled seafood, poultry, steamed vegetables, in basting sauces, slathered on Oregon slugs, too.
- 1⁄2 lb butter, to room temperature (2 sticks)
- 2 large shallots, peeled and finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (NOT dried)
- 1 loaf French bread, cut lengthwise (as a suggestion for serving)
- Suggestion: I used a good quality whole wheat sourdough French bread.
- Preheat oven to BROIL.
- In bowl mix all ingredients together except for the French bread.
- Spread bread generously with the butter mixture.
- BROIL until golden brown and bubbly for approximately 2-3 minutes. **Watch oven carefully**!
- Slice bread and serve hot.
- Yield is estimated.
You are right this is from Burgundy in France and is especially used there to stuff escargots (snails) or spread on mussels in their shells before grilling. Really delicious