Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A family favourite. There's something very comforting about the rich, flavourful beef and tender egg noodles. Leftovers are great too!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- freshly cooked egg noodles
- chopped parsley
- Combine flour, salt, thyme and pepper in plastic bag.
- Add meat and shake well.
- Remove meat, shaking off excess flour.
- Melt ½ cup butter in large skillet over medium heat, add meat and brown lightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and stir until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in broth and wine and simmer until meat is tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Melt 2 tblsps butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until just tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms into meat.
- Blend sour cream, tomato paste and Worcestershire Sauce in small bowl.
- Slowly turn into meat; do not allow to boil.
- Mound noodles on serving platter.
- Spoon meat over.
- Top with parsley.
This is an excellent recipe, I have made other versions but the difference in this one is the worcestershire sauce added at the end, it gives it that special oomph.
This was a great stroganoff dish. Thanks for sharing evelyn. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
This was excellent! I made it exactly as written other than the parsley. We will definitely make again.