Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is dandy comfort food!
Make and share this Burgundy Beef a La Bob recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet brown the stew meat.
- Brown a few pieces at a time.
- Don't crowd them as they will get juicy and simply boil.
- When the meat is browned placed it in a large roasting pan or baking pot.
- When all the meat is browned pour the wine in the skillet and scrape up all the brown stuff that is stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the wine from the skillet into the baking pot with the meat Add the beef broth to the meat.
- Add garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Make sure there is enough liquid to cover the beef Cover and bake at 350 degree for 3 to 4 hours.
- Check periodically to make sure that all the liquid doesn't boil away.
- Add more beef broth or water if it evaporates.
- You can also simmer on stove top for same amount of time.
- When mean is tender.
- Remove pot from oven.
- Spoon out the meat and set it aside.
- Place the pot on a burner, add the mushrooms, and bring to a boil.
- Allow the mushroom to cook about 5 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pot.
- Mix corn starch and water.
- Dump it in and thicken the stew.
- You can make it as thick as you want.
- I would actually thicken with butter and flour as it reheats better as a left over.
- Serve over rice.
I made this and it's great. Thanks for a delicious and streamlined version.