Recipe by anonymous
Very easy, rich adult taste. We've always served the beef on it's own, cut into medallions with a sidedish. The medallions help 1 London Broil go a long way! I believe this came from foodnetwork yrs ago, but love to serve to company with any wine I have leftover!!
- 1 london broil beef (at least 1/2-1 inch thick) or 1 flat iron steak (at least 1/2-1 inch thick)
- 1 slice butter (I add 2!)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, in sliced rings
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- oregano (maybe less than a 1/4 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Burgundy wine or 2 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1 slice butter (after sauce is strained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill beef for maybe 7 mins on each side.
- In pan mix slice of butter, onion, tomato paste, oregano, and wine.
- Bring to a thick boil. Continue boiling and stirring to reduce liquid and thicken (maybe 10 mins).
- Strain mix and press out liquid with spatula. Return liquid to pan.
- Add another slice or 2 of butter.
- Cut beef into medallions (on the bias).
- Place beef on platter and pour mixture over beef.