Recipe by KGCOOK
Again from my wonderful little crock-pot cookbook! Wonderful with grilled steak and a side salad. Lovely is a pretty dish. I liked this better with long grain and wild rice. It is a mild flavored rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice, converted (I used long grain and wild rice)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups wild cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 3 1⁄2 cups beef or 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine (I used cranberry juice) or 1⁄2 cup other red wine (I used cranberry juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add rice, onion, mushrooms, and zucchini.
- Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes until rice is slightly browned and onions are soft.
- Transfer to crock-pot or slow cooker.
- Add broth, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle melted butter over all.
- Stir once.
- I you use too much rice the dish will get very sticky and dry.
- May try minute converted.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.