1/3 Photos of Burgundian Beef and Beans
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This is an absolutely fabulous winter warmer! It is so simple to make and just wonderful on those cold nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the beef and cut into 2cm (3/4 inch) cubes.
- 2Heat half the oil in a heavy saucepan and brown the meat quickly in batches. Remove to a plate.
- 3Add the remaining oil with the onion, garlic and bacon and cook gently until the onion is soft.
- 4Add the carrot, celery, wine and tomato paste.
- 5Return the beef to the pan along with the bouquet garni.
- 6Season with a little salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for 1 1/4 hours or until the meat is just tender.
- 7Drain the beans and add to the pan.
- 8Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 9Serve with a nice crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burgundian Beef and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.4
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 182.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: