Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty salad perfectly suited as a main dish. Serve with some warm pita as a side.
- 5 ounces bulgur (bulgar)
- olive oil
- 1 large red onion, quartered and sliced finely
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted (sub sunflower seeds if pine nuts are unavailable)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Heat a saucepan of water to boiling.
- While the water is coming to the boil, rinse the bulgur well in running water; drain.
- Cook the bulgur in boiling water for about 10 minutes or until tender; drain well and set to the side.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet; add onion and cook slowly, stirring, for about until the onions become translucent.
- Add the burgul, spinach, pine nuts and cherry tomatoes, and cook for a couple of minutes until everything is warmed through.
- Whisk the tahini, water, lemon juice and yogurt together in a small bowl.
- Mix well, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Pour this dressing over the burgul/spinach mixture and combine well.
- Taste, and add more tahini or lemon juice as required.
- Serve warm.