Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some people are opting to skip beef altogether — but that doesn't mean giving up on burgers. One of the easiest ways is eating burgers made from salmon patties, which only take a few minutes to prepare in a skillet.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned pink salmon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ounce slow-cooking oatmeal, dry
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- Using a fork, flake the salmon in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg whites, oatmeal, onion, garlic salt, and pepper and mix well with clean hands.
- Shape the mixture into a patty.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add the salmon patty and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be eaten as is or between a bun/sandwich bread with mayo or mustard, pickle and onion.
This were easy to prepare and flavor was good. I am not too sure I like the texture the oatmeal gave to the patties. However, they tasted good and were quick for a Friday night.