Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Love these burgers. Taken from Cooks Illustrated magazine.
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 22.18 ml prepared horseradish (or more)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh chives
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp.vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved, sliced thin
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, gently knead the meat with the garlic, seasonings until well combined.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a medium sized pan to medium high heat.
- Add the oil and saute the onions until browned.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In same pan, add the patties, cook until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness.
- Toast buns.
- Place patties on bottom buns, divide oinions on burgers and top with horseradish sauce.
- Top with remaining bun top.
Oh what a wonderful dish....especially if you love onions and horseradish like we do. This went over very well and the sauce was delicious!!! Thank you for posting. Made for Cooking Tag Mania 2013.
Great burgers! I loved the sauce. It was really yummy and easy to make. Nice combination of flavors.
Mmmmm! Instead of using the sauce as a topping, I spread it on both halves of the bun. Absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting!