Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is based off of an Ina Garten recipe, changed slightly due to personal preference. This is a moist and flavorful burger that my whole family loves. If you're tired of the same ol' same ol' burger, give this a try! You can either use an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan. Can easily be doubled, etc..
Top Review by breezermom
Very moist burger, even using the leaner meat. I ended up with huge burgers, and they still held together nicely. Little something extra with the steak sauce too. Made for For Your Consideration tag game. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons steak sauce (Crosse & Blackwell recommended)
- 3 extra-large egg yolks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (suit to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 4 thin slices
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the meats, steak sauce, egg yolks, salt and pepper. Don't overmix.
- Lightly form 4 hamburger patties and press lightly into shape.
- Press a thin slice of butter into the top of each hamburger, making sure the meat completely encases the butter.
- Heat your grill and cook the hamburgers for approximately 4 minutes on one side, turn , and cook for approximately 3 minutes on the other side for medium rare.
- *Adjust cooking times to suit.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the buns, cut side down, for 1 minute, until toasted.
- Adorn with your favorite toppings or cheese and enjoy!