This is based off of an Ina Garten recipe, changed slightly due to personal preference. This is a moist and flavorful burger that my whole family loves. If you're tired of the same ol' same ol' burger, give this a try! You can either use an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan. Can easily be doubled, etc..
- In a large bowl, mix the meats, steak sauce, egg yolks, salt and pepper. Don't overmix.
- Lightly form 4 hamburger patties and press lightly into shape.
- Press a thin slice of butter into the top of each hamburger, making sure the meat completely encases the butter.
- Heat your grill and cook the hamburgers for approximately 4 minutes on one side, turn , and cook for approximately 3 minutes on the other side for medium rare.
- *Adjust cooking times to suit.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the buns, cut side down, for 1 minute, until toasted.
- Adorn with your favorite toppings or cheese and enjoy!
Loved this burger with a great taste. Thanks LIG for sharing. Made for ZWT8 - Family Picks.
Delicious burgers! Made just as directed and grilled over charcoal. Moist and tasty - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Nice Burger! I made as directed except I used 2 yolks instead of 3 and 1/2 t. kosher salt since I had 1.25 pounds of meat. Made for Ausie Swap #34. Thanks LIG.