Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is so easy and my family loves it!
- Spray skillet with PAM.
- Place over low heat to warm.
- Form patties (3-4") with the hamburger meat and place warm skillet.
- Sprinkle salt& Pepper over patties.
- Turn burner to medium-high and brown patties for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn patties over and reduce heat.
- Add onions to skillet and cover.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until meat is done and onions are translucent.
- Remove patties and onions from the skillet.
- *Ifthere isn't enough"goodies" in the skillet, add oil.
- There should be about 1-2 tbsp.
- of oil altogether.
- Add flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to mix flour and oil.
- Continue stiring into flour is a deep golden brown.
- Add milk and combine with flour mixture.
- Return meat and onions to the gravy.
- Remove from heat as the gravy thickens.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
This is a scrumptious dish. I am always looking for a new way to fix hamburger, it was easy and everyone loved it , I need to double the recipe next time though! The gravy and onions were delecious!