Recipe by Member #610488
This is Potatoes O'Brian for the Meat and Potatoes man. Great recipe and easy to prepare.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes (3 cups, loose pack)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted (buttered)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop potatoes slightly; sprinkle with salt.
- In skillet combine potatoes, onion, green pepper, and butter. Cover and cook till potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine egg, pimiento, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and pepper; stir in potato mixture. Add ground beef; mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 8 patties, about ½ inch thick.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 5 minutes. Turn and grill 3 to 4 minutes more. Serve patties on toasted buns.