School cooker's Note:
Grilled hamburgers in a foil pouch with lots of veggies. It's fast easy and everyone loves it. I remember making it for my kids all the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, divided into 4 portions
- 1 large onion, sliced into 4 rings
- 4 large carrots, each pouch gets one sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, washed, each pouch gets one sliced thick, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 lb margarine
- 4 large piece heavy aluminum foil, each the size of a cookie sheet
- salt & pepper
- 1Lay out the foil and in the center of each.
- 2Put a pat of margarine.
- 3Lay on 1 onion slice and push a burger patty on to it.
- 4Stack a sliced carrot on one side of the Burger.
- 5Stack a sliced potato on the opposite side.
- 6I like to set them on their edge and push them into the burger.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste and top with another pat of margarine.
- 8Fold 2 sides to the center and roll to top of Burger.
- 9Fold up the 2 remaining edges to make a pouch.
- 10Grill till carrots and potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- 11Or bake at 350 deg for about 30 minutes.
- 12Great warmed up in the microwave.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burgers in a Pouch
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.1
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 406.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 26.6 g