Recipe by School cooker
Grilled hamburgers in a foil pouch with lots of veggies. It's fast easy and everyone loves it. I remember making it for my kids all the time.
Top Review by FKHamer
Growing up we called these Hobos. My mom always baked them, didn't know you could do them on the grill! Always a big hit in our family. Now I make them for my husband and he loves it too - we add more spices to the meat - garlic powder, maybe some red pepper. It's great!
- 1 lb ground beef, divided into 4 portions
- 1 large onion, sliced into 4 rings
- 4 large carrots, each pouch gets one sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, washed, each pouch gets one sliced thick, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 4 large piece heavy aluminum foil, each the size of a cookie sheet
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out the foil and in the center of each.
- Put a pat of margarine.
- Lay on 1 onion slice and push a burger patty on to it.
- Stack a sliced carrot on one side of the Burger.
- Stack a sliced potato on the opposite side.
- I like to set them on their edge and push them into the burger.
- Salt and pepper to taste and top with another pat of margarine.
- Fold 2 sides to the center and roll to top of Burger.
- Fold up the 2 remaining edges to make a pouch.
- Grill till carrots and potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Or bake at 350 deg for about 30 minutes.
- Great warmed up in the microwave.