1/1 Photo of Burgers Au Poivre With Potato Wedges
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
I have yet to make this, but it's next on my list. For now, lemme just say....OMG, the photo I saw is insane! A big THANK YOU to Rachael Ray. I'm not a horseradish fan, so I'll have to discover if it's "omittable or substitutable" without suffering major repercussions. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 10 ounces bagged spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 425º. On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the grill seasoning. Roast for 45 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3In a second medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Season the beef with salt and the coarse pepper. Form into 4 patties. Pour the wine into a dish. Dip each patty in the wine, then cook for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and top with the mushrooms; cover with foil.
- 4Add the wine to the burger skillet and reduce to a syrup. Whisk in the butter, then the flour, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Heat the mushroom skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Toss in the gorgonzola.
- 6Combine the sour cream with the applesauce, horseradish and bread crumbs. Serve the burgers with the wine gravy, spinach and potatoes, and horseradish sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burgers Au Poivre With Potato Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (878 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1211.0
- Calories from Fat 695
- Total Fat 77.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 201.6 mg
- Sodium 851.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 59.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: