Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My DD sent me this recipe she says it is DELICIOUS. The recipe comes from Merle Ellis 'The Great American Meat Book'.Refrigeration time not included.
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced (white & green parts)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Combine the blue cheese into the ground beef.
- Add the minced onions, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and peppers.
- Mix lightly to combine; let stand in refrigerator for an hour or two so flavors can blend.
- Gently press the meat into 8 patties.
- Broil, pan fry, or grill over moderate to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns. Enjoy.