Recipe by Barb G.
My DD sent me this recipe she says it is DELICIOUS. The recipe comes from Merle Ellis 'The Great American Meat Book'.Refrigeration time not included.
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced (white & green parts)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the blue cheese into the ground beef.
- Add the minced onions, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and peppers.
- Mix lightly to combine; let stand in refrigerator for an hour or two so flavors can blend.
- Gently press the meat into 8 patties.
- Broil, pan fry, or grill over moderate to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns. Enjoy.