Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Oh, I love these! This was one of the few things they served in the dining hall at college that I really looked forward to.
- biscuit dough, from a mix (Bisquick)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Prepare biscuit dough but don't bake; chill in refrigerator while preparing filling.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add vegetables and saute a few minutes; remove from pan.
- In same pan add ground beef and brown slightly.
- Drain beef and mix with the salt and vegetables.
- Dissolve beef bouillon cube in the hot water and cool.
- Add flour to bouillon; blend and stir into meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Let mixture cool.
- Remove chilled biscuit dough from refrigerator and roll out into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread meat mixture on dough, roll up (as for a jelly roll) and seal.
- Cut in 1" slices and place cut side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or'til golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite gravy (I like mushroom gravy with these).
This were easy and pretty good. I left out the peppers but did add some diced mushrooms with the sauted veggies. Thanks for posting!
Very good I made these for dinner, Made a mushroom gravy also, My DH loved them. Thanks so much for posting the Recipe.