Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Convenient hamburger patties jump start this sure to please weeknight dinner. From the fall 2005 issue of Kraft's "What's Cooking"
- 4 (4 ounce) frozen hamburger patties
- 2 cups red yellow & green pepper strips
- 1 (680 ml) can pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook patties in large non stick skillet on medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn patties & add peppers. Cook until the patties are cooked through and the peppers are crisp tender, stirring peppers occasionally.
- Add pasta sauce, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Very quick and easy dinner. I did not have red and yellow peppers so I used the abundance of banana peppers from my garden. Also did not have mozzarella cheese so I substituted grated parmesan. Next time and there will be a next time, might add onions and garlic with the peppers. Made for PAC fall 09.