Recipe by Art's Protege
Convenient hamburger patties jump start this sure to please weeknight dinner. From the fall 2005 issue of Kraft's "What's Cooking"
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Very quick and easy dinner. I did not have red and yellow peppers so I used the abundance of banana peppers from my garden. Also did not have mozzarella cheese so I substituted grated parmesan. Next time and there will be a next time, might add onions and garlic with the peppers. Made for PAC fall 09.
- 4 (4 ounce) frozen hamburger patties
- 2 cups red yellow & green pepper strips
- 1 (680 ml) can pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook patties in large non stick skillet on medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn patties & add peppers. Cook until the patties are cooked through and the peppers are crisp tender, stirring peppers occasionally.
- Add pasta sauce, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.