Recipe by Chef PotPie
I found this recipe in Better Homes & Gardens, and the picture of these little snacks was so cute! Little bitty burgers with melted cheese and cherry tomato slices perched on thick-cut potato chips. All my people will love these.
- 16 large frozen waffle-shaped French fries (1/3 of a 22-oz. pkg.)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 -3 teaspoons grilling spices
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, cut into quarters (4 oz.)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- mustard or ketchup or sour cream or dill pickle slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Evenly space potatoes on baking sheet. Bake potatoes for 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Adjust oven racks and preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine meat and seasoning. Form into sixteen 1-ounce mini burgers (about 2 tablespoons). In a 12-inch skillet cook burgers, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, turning burgers once halfway through cooking. Drain fat.
- Top each potato with a burger, cheese quarter, and tomato slice. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomato begins to brown. Serve with mustard, ketchup, sour cream, and/or pickles.