Recipe by Ewalla
I saw Paula Deen do a similar recipe using just ground beef and cheese wrapped in puff pastry, but I decided to try a few different flavors. Very versatile recipe and will definitely try other toppings.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess juice
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow puff pastry to thaw according to package directions (about 40 minutes).
- Preheat oven according to package (400°F).
- Mix ground turkey, chopped onion, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Preheat skillet oven medium-high heat.
- Form into 4 patties and cook until almost cooked through (will finish coking in the oven).
- Combine goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach.
- Roll out pastry dough and cut into 4 squares. Then top each square with cheese mixture and turkey patty.
- Wrap pastry around patty and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown.