Recipe by Christmas Carol
I found this recipe on The Food Network website, courtesy of chef Alton Brown. Simple to make, though a bit pricier than your regular burgers, these are fantastic. Appropriately named, these "steakburgers" are so flavorful they need no more than the kosher salt for seasoning.
- 8 ounces chuck, trimmed,cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces sirloin, trimmed,cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 slices of your favorite cheese (optional)
- 3 kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In separate batches, pulse the chuck and sirloin in a food processor 10 times.
- Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl.
- Form the meat into 5 oz patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the hamburger patties in the pan.
- For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side.
- For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side.
- Flip burgers only once during cooking.
- If adding cheese, top burgers with cheese last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.