1/1 Photo of Burger of the Gods
Christmas Carol's Note:
I found this recipe on The Food Network website, courtesy of chef Alton Brown. Simple to make, though a bit pricier than your regular burgers, these are fantastic. Appropriately named, these "steakburgers" are so flavorful they need no more than the kosher salt for seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In separate batches, pulse the chuck and sirloin in a food processor 10 times.
- 2Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl.
- 3Form the meat into 5 oz patties.
- 4Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Place the hamburger patties in the pan.
- 6For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side.
- 7For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side.
- 8Flip burgers only once during cooking.
- 9If adding cheese, top burgers with cheese last few minutes of cooking.
- 10Serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burger of the Gods
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.2
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 782.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: