Recipe by LtlPhyl #2
This recipe was passed to me by my sister back in the mid 60's and have been making it ever since as have my children and now my older grandchildren. Needless to say it is a long time family favorite. We like these served this with either rice or egg noodles along with the gravy that is created in the pan during baking. ENJOY..!! :)
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
This made an excellent salisbury steak type dinner. I browned my burgers first in a pan (bit of olive oil) and then baked, since I like a crusty top. This was pure comfort food, served with asparagus, rolls, and noodles. Thanks LtlPhyl #2 for posting! Roxygirl
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/4 cup soup with remaining ingredients; except water and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Place in 12x8x2 inch shallow baking dish.
- BAKE: 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Spoon off fat.
- Combine remaining soup and water; pour over meat.
- BAKE: 10 minutes more.